Sunday, August 3, 2008

2008-09 NFL Season Arriving

The 2008 NFL season is already almost here. Tonight actually starts the beginning of the pre-season for the NFL 2008-09 season. My team, the Washington Redskins, will battle the Indianapolis Colts at 8PM tonight in the hall of fame pre-season match up. As a Redskins fan, I am somewhat pumped for the game. I know this game is the first game of pre-season which means the regular season is very close to starting. However, let's face it, pre-season isn't really that important. The record doesn't affect anything at all for the regular season. I've seen undefeated teams in the pre-season win a whooping 4 out of 16 regular season games, and have also seen winless teams in the pre-season go very far in the playoffs. I am a little excited to see that my team made the Hall of Fame game though. I'll be able to get a look and feel at how well some of our new rookies are. I'm anxious to see which rookie receiver out of Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly will perform better, and I sure can't wait to see LaRon Landry make some mind-blowing hits on his victims. I also believe that the Skins offense will produce a lot of points and gain a lot of yards. I'm ready to see my favorite player, Chris Cooley make some nice catches this year. He should have a lot pressure taken off him from opposing defenses with the additions of Malcom Kelly, Devin Thomas and Fred Davis. My expectations for this season are mid of the range I suppose. I would like to see a playoff appearance for my team again this year, but am aware that there is a new coach in Washington. Coach Jim Zorn definitely looks like he is going to stress passing the ball more. I wouldn't be shocked if the Redskins call more pass than run plays even with Pro-Bowl running back Clinton Portis on the team. It should be an interesting season and I'm pumped for it to begin. To share my enthusiasm, I will share a video of Chris Cooley's Fantasy Football Profile. Enjoy.


No comments: