Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Book of Lost Tales: Chapter 3 - Coming into a New Zone

Insanity is a two month journey that can ultimately lead one to their ultimate goal of cutting weight. Suddenly, I was just a week away from entering the recovery week. I still had a decent amount of fat on me that I wanted to shred and rip off of my body and never see again. I was on bad terms with fat. I had visions of molding the fat I had left in my abdominal region into pure muscle. However, I know it does not work this way. Your abs are covered by a layer of fat until you burn that layer off. In order for your abs to be visible, your body fat percentage needs to be roughly around 10% or less. Now, if it were only THAT easy. I went into Insanity with roughly 20% body fat. I was sluggish, slow and out of shape. I had a feeling that was changing though.

When the fourth week of Insanity came around, I noticed I wasn't gasping for air during the warm-ups. I felt... fine. I am confused at the thought of how I suddenly had more endurance. The last day of the third week seemed brutal, and I could easily recall how much I was discouraged that my stamina and endurance wasn't improving. Then, the day of rest came and it was like magic happened.

It was like a rare, exotic spider bit me overnight and I suddenly had acquired superpowers. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the warm-up to Pure Cardio (the most evil video of all time), was finished and I still had breath. To the best of my knowledge (it was always fuzzy doing Insanity), I never stopped. Of course, when the real exercise came in, my ass got kicked all over the place like a lost dog on the streets. The sequence of moves is still a blur to me now that I have finished the video numerous times. There are mountain climbers, high jumps, high knees, rapid lateral moves, shuffling and crazy things of all sort.

Needless to say, the video ended, and as I laid on the ground begging for air, a huge smile came across my face. I loved it. I wanted more. My brain was shouting "smother me in pain"! I cannot accurately and descriptively explain the euphoria I felt from this beating. While my body tingled with numbness, my brain felt it too. There were many things going through my mind. First, my mind was delivering messages of pain to my legs, core and the rest of my body. Believe me, a lot of these messages were sent that day. The smile on my face was definetly brought on by my brain telling me I was done for the day. Also, I knew my body's figure would be rewarded handsomely for my efforts. I got up from the ground and figured I would take care of my body's drastic need for glyocen and sugar with a nice beverage. After I finished my mountain dew... Alright, that was a joke. I grabbed a Myoplex protein shake and bathed in my feelings of success for the rest of the night. That night, no one could of brought me down to planet Earth. I was in a whole new zone and world. Everything seem to come together and make sense.

No comments: