Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Book of Lost Tales: Chapter 6 -The Take Over, the Breaks Over




After a week and a half or so, my body was fully healed from the horrible bug I caught. As a result, you better believe that I was ready to seriously punish my body. I got back into the swing of things with a fit test which kicked off my last month of Insanity. The Insanity Fit Test is a series of high intensity plyometric moves for about 25 minutes or so. Basically, the idea is to keep a log of all the moves every time this workout is performed and beat the number of reps on each move you did last time.

I absolutely crushed my numbers from the previous time. I think the main reason why that happened is because I felt so antsy to get back into working out the entire time I was sick. Strange as it sounds, it actually helped me get more explosive and mentally pumped. Believe me, whenever I started to warm up for workouts, it always use to feel like I had 5 pounds of sand in each of my shoes. It was getting pretty easy now it seemed though. I guess I built up some endurance. The energy drink kid was getting in shape! Who would've saw that coming?

My diet was advancing and I was getting a good blend of protein and carbs in my daily diet. Protein shakes were taken after every workout. They were pretty clutch as they got some pretty good nutrients in my body. My personal favorite protein shake is BSN's Syntha-6. It's pretty cheap if you order it on Amazon, the taste is pretty good for being whey protein, and two scoops will give you over 50 grams of protein. Some quality carbs I was eating daily included oatmeal in the morning, whole wheat pasta or whole grain brown rice for lunch in the afternoon, and the occasional whole wheat wrap or bread to go with some tuna at night. Tuna was by far my most used protein source during my Insanity diet. I stocked up on canned Tuna like I was preparing for a nuclear holucast. I'm being serious. No joke. At one point, I counted 24 mixed cans of tuna in my cupboard at home. Solid White Albacore, Chunk Light Tuna and Prime Filet Albacore were incorpated into my diet daily. Yes, I am aware that there is mercury found in fish, but I never set off any metal detector alarms with my body, so I'm not too concerned.

The first week of the second month of Insanity is pretty intense. The workouts get extended by about 20 minutes, and there are more training circuits to go through. This was a little tough to get use to at first, and my body did not like the first and second week of the second month. I loved it anyway though! After all, I was getting into the best shape of my life.

No comments: