Sunday, September 27, 2015

P90X round 3: Day 7 - Rest

So, as stated before, I opted for rest this week. Honestly, I feel good (with the occasional heavy urge to nap every now and then). I did very well with getting at least 6-8 hours of sleep every night this week. In hindsight: eating wasn't super clean this week, and it wasn't bad either. There's improvements I can still make with regards to that. However, we can say that I've avoided any nagging issues or "tweaks" after week 1. My energy level was alright, except there was an issue of occasionally having to skip some moves in workouts. Yoga is the perfect example. I kind of came out sluggish on this week to start off. To sum things up this week, I developed a weekly rating scale to gauge how well the week went. 

Round 3 weekly self rating scale:
THE BIG 10
Durability: 10
Diet: 8
Intensity Level: 7
Mental: 8
Strength: 9
Flexibility: 5
Cardiovascular Endurance: 9
Sleep: 10
Core: 8
Completed all workouts for week?: Yes
___________
Overall self score: 84

My thoughts of the score: this seems to be about right. My flexibility is currently my Achilles Heel and it's something I just have to work on. With this in mind now, I will probably at least attempt to do the stretch workout next Sunday I have off. It won't be next Sunday because I'll be partaking in a fantasy hockey draft and also working during the day. 

No comments: