Monday, September 21, 2015

P90X round 3: Day 1- Chest and Back

“Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you got a kingdom”
-Jack LaLanne

I'm back ladies and gentlemen! After a very long hiatus, I'm finally back again here for your entertainment. 

What I have been doing in my spare time lately?
1. Work. Yeah, it's true, work will be a great chunk of your time during life. No surprises here.
2. Study. “You mean to tell me that you study and read and all that jazz still, Kurt?” Yep, believe it or not, I still do. I mostly study things like sophisticated art and molecular genetics, but whatever keeps you afloat, right? LOL JK. Although, I do spend a lot of time reading up on nutrition.
3. Golf. This is a heavy hobby I started picking up, and thoroughly enjoy. I'm not the best at it (maybe play like Tiger Woods in his prime currently), but I'll get better.
4. A Fantasy World. Yep, still run the good ol' fantasy football league, and this year we are celebrating 10 years (in other words, I'm old). Also, I have a strong following going for fantasy hockey. I am currently looking for one more “victim” though, so if you are interested in playing, let me know. I would love your donations! (In other words, I'm insinuating that I'm the best there is).

What I Plan to blog:
1. Golfing adventures, videos, etc.
2. Short Stories, novels, poetry, basically all the trade of my crops.
3. And of course, the motherload, another round of P90X!
4. Many more ideas that I'm sure you're all dying to read about (perhaps even literally) (hopefully not literally though). 

The Nitty Gritty
Right now, I currently have 2 completed rounds of P90X under my belt. Why would I possibly do another? Well, it's been about 3 years since I last completed a round of P90X. Mostly, I've been working on my own workout routines, which I'll be sure to eventually share on here. Also, Laura said she would attempt to do P90X with me, which I know she will be eventually surpassing me (since she is very super strong!).


How day 1 went: Well, let's just say that I ass my kicked but part of it was my own doing. "Don't go too crazy out of the box". Oops. I started doing pull-ups right off the bat with 45 lbs weight added to a dip belt. I cranked out about 12 with relative ease, swinging and gliding through the air. I did 30 push-ups in the very beginning. Mistake. I should've taken it easy and kept some energy in the tank for the end. I remember this workout day being a little difficult, but I really wasn't expecting to be dogging it and gassed near the end of the workout. By the middle of the workout, I felt like I was out of energy and even a little bit nauseous. But I stuck with it, and kept in there. Ab ripper x was predictably difficult, as I remember. But I stayed with it, outside of fifer scissors which are just so difficult. I'll get back in there though. It won't be long now.

No comments: