Monday, October 5, 2015

P90X round 3: Day 14 - Rest

Round 3 weekly self rating scale:

THE BIG 10
Durability: 10
Diet: 6
Intensity Level: 8
Mental: 7
Strength: 10
Flexibility: 6
Cardiovascular Endurance: 9
Sleep: 6
Core: 9
Completed all workouts for week?: Yes
___________
Overall self score: 81
Previous self score: 84

My thoughts of the score: I think this score is a little skewed this week. Here's why- sleeping we can admit was horrible, as at least on 3 occurrences I had less than 6 hours of sleep. I will try to address this issue but I'm not 100% certain it will be an easy fix. Durability is no issue at all, as I feel absolutely great and like a tank, so that is a positive. Although, I know that less and less sleep will eventually cause some problems for me (ex. Weakened immune system, lack of mental intensity, risk of injury etc). Flexibility will still be the weak point here, but I can say I did add some gains as yoga was much better this time around. Strength is absolutely insane right now. I never thought that at week two I would be cranking out 20 pull-ups with 45 lbs added resistance, but here I am. Watch out Guinness book of world records, here I come! I did not fare as well as I would have liked with regards to diet. It probably wasn't a true fail, as I did at the very least maintain calories. I did fall off the wagon a bit here though. The candy at the fair didn't help. Mental level is okay and my intensity level was tagged on. Completing more movements in all exercises, sticking with Ab Ripper X the entire way, these were all positives this week. Can't wait to beat this score next week and be in the high 80s for the first time.

No comments: