Tuesday, October 20, 2015

P90X round 3: Day 29 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps + Ab Ripper X

Today was a good day. Chest, Shoulders and Triceps to begin the new phase of P90X. Now, all in all- this workout isn't a personal favorite of mine. It seems a little over the top and unnecessary. Take the plyo and one arm push-ups, for example. Furthermore, I do not feel like this workout will have potential to add a lot of mass to muscle count. Therefore, I will be looking to modify this workout when possible. I may sub in skull-crushers for some of the tricep movements. But I'm undecided on that for now. I think maybe I will continue to try the workout using the same exercises and reps that they use in the workout. I have a goal this week to eat extremely clean, ball-out to the max and complete every workout to the fullest. I am shooting for a self evaluation score in the low 90's if possible. But we shall see. Ab Ripper was decent today, but probably not the most intense I ever gone with regards to that. I wanted to be careful, considering last time I went really hard on that workout, I had some serious abdominal pain. Luckily, it only lasted a day and went away oddly. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. We'll keep at it this week, and keep going strong.


No comments: