Thursday, October 15, 2015

P90X round 3: Day 19 - Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X

So I may have rushed through this workout a little bit. First of all, I wanted to get this workout completed because I knew that I would be heading to Boston today to see my lovely Laura. Also, throw in the fact that I work from 10-7, and then I have to complete it first thing in the morning as well. I noticed that when I do workouts after work, the quality of the workout itself is always questionable. I feel like I am more drained after the end of a long shift doing physical labor. It's just the way it is. And the relief of getting the workout done before work, knowing that I'm done for the rest of the day, is awesome.

I was a little sluggish today. I felt it was hard to focus, as my mind wanted to keep racing to the end of the workout. In terms of strength, I am continually beating my numbers every single week with regards to pull-ups and even the number of reps I am doing in the leg exercises. So there has been improvement. I am now easily cranking out 20+ reps of weighted pull-ups, so in the next round, I'll probably dig deeper and crank up the total amount of weight a little bit.

With regards to ab ripper, I goofed up. I was on the last leg climber on my left side, and then all of a sudden, I noticed a sharp stabbing pain in my lower left abdominal region. I stopped immediately and scaled back the Mason Twist. I thought it might be bad at first, possibly an abdominal strain, but after a while the initial tightness went away. I did however, have a lot of strain on it during work. Just when I thought that my durability so far would be in trouble, during the drive up to Boston I felt the pain go away. Gee, who would guess that a drive could solve the problem? Anyway, I really have to be careful with trying to rush and squeeze workouts in on these tight schedule situations. I will continue to monitor my abs. In terms of diet, I was treated to a fabulous dinner when I got to Laura's. I had pasta with chicken and apple roses (no, not actual flowers- apple rose food). Very much please. Such wow.

No comments: