Wednesday, March 2, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 10: Shoulders and Arms & Ab Ripper X

Day 10
It's time to start pumping away to gaining some muscle. Shoulders and Arms went pretty well today. I decided that today would be a good day to increase tension in my arm muscles so I upped weight in all the workouts today and shot for 6-10 reps on each workout. I used 40 pound dumbbells on a lot of workouts, especially on the shoulders and biceps routines). I used 25-35 pound dumbbells on most of the triceps related routines, which I feel is still pretty good.

I could feel the blood pumping in my arms pretty good about halfway into the workout today, especially in my biceps. I'm not going to lie though, it was a pretty wicked workout today. Doing 40 pound dumbbells on the in and out bicep curls was no joke at all. Especially since they shoot for 16 of those in the video. I only cranked out 14 or so because there was just so much tension on the guns.

Ab Ripper went pretty solid again today. I felt like I got further on Crunchy Frog without having to slow down a bit. Also, I use to feel a lot of pressure in my core around the 7th rep of Fifer Scissors. Somehow I was able to not feel that pressure until around the 12th rep. It would appear as if my core is getting stronger.

On a side note, I shaved off a mini-P90X beard I had going this morning. I only say mini because I shaved the stache and neck beard. The plan was to keep it for the duration of the entire 90 days, but it just got too itchy and I also got a haircut yesterday. Also, I don't particularly like being called 'Abe' by everyone at work and my house. Maybe I'll grow a full blown beard another one of these days.

Here's how the diet went:
Meal 1:
- 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
- cup of oatmeal
- banana
- glass of soy milk

Meal 2:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- carrots
- granny smith apple
- 1 oz dry roasted peanuts

Meal 3:
- protein bar
- protein shake

Meal 4:
- Subway turkey breast footlong sub w/ no cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers on wheat

Meal 5:
- multi-grain crackers
- cup of whole wheat pasta
- orange
- organic blueberry yogurt

Meal 6:
- recovery drink
- protein bar

Meal 7:
- chicken breast
- celery sticks
- glass of low sodium V8
- tbsp peanut butter

Meal 8: (before bed)
- two scoops of casein protein
- cottage cheese

Thanks for reading,
K-Dawg

No comments: