Wednesday, March 23, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 31: Back and Biceps & Ab Ripper X


Back and Biceps is a pretty enjoyable workout, but damn, is it tough with a lot of weight! This is arguably the best P90X workout for feeling "pumps" in my opinion. There are a lot of bicep concentrated exercises that really get the blood flowing in the arms. I literally could feel my pulse beating in my biceps by the end of this workout.

The specifics in this workout involves a variety of pull-ups and a huge variety of bicep curls. The toughest bicep move in this workout is the hammer in and out curls. It's a double move, meaning that you do a hammer curl on the inside and then one on the outside with both arms. That is one rep. As you can see, it would be tough to do a heavy weight with this kind of move, but since I am such a meathead I tried a lot of weight on this one anyway! I was literally dying by my 4th rep. I think I actually had to quick this move by the 6th rep, but my god was the tension present. The most difficult back related exercise in this workout is without a doubt the corn cob pull-ups in my opinion. You basically do a pull-up on your bar, and then move left to right like you are eating corn on the cob. I think it's pretty tough to keep the body up above the bar while moving from left to right with the shoulders. However, I did 9 today somehow.

I've noticed that the more weight I gain, the more difficult Ab Ripper X gets. However, I am still barely making my way through it completing every rep. It should get tougher soon though because I will still be gaining muscle weight throughout the duration of this round. I'm ready for it though!

The diet was basically the same as yesterday with just a few modifications. I had two scoops of casein protein before bed and only had 4 Tbsp of olive oil instead of 6 Tbsp.

Thanks for reading,
K-Dawg

No comments: