Tuesday, March 15, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 23: Core Synergistics

I managed to get seven hours of sleep yesterday, so that's great right? Well, you would think so, but for some reason today I felt dead tired at work today. I was dogging it to make it through the day for the first half of work, but then got some energy after lunch. When I came home, I had some energy from driving and everything so I figured it would be a good idea to go into core synergisitics right away.

A lot of people seem to love Core Synergisitics. I'm not a huge fan. It's just I don't know, very tiring. This is a pretty good workout for the recovery week though, because I think it's good for maintaining muscle. A lot of workouts this week are not very intense, so I agree that this workout is needed for the week. This video is pretty well balanced and includes a variety of moves to hit all of the muscles. My favorite move in this workout is the prison cell pushup. Basically you do a pushup from plank, bring your right knee into your chest, do another pushup, bring your left knee into your chest and jump up into a standing position and repeat. They are an incredible burn and that's perhaps the reason I like this move the best. The most difficult move in this workout is without a doubt the Dreya Roll. It's a crazy kind of roll where you fall on your back and use your abs to pull you back up. Overall, the workout went pretty well today.

The diet has been going near flawless this week and it continued again today. Here's how it went:
Breakfast:
- 4 soft-boiled eggs
- two slices of whole wheat toast with butter
- glass of milk
- orange

Mid morning snack:
- Protein bar
- One scoop of BSN Syntha-6

Lunch:
- 1/2 pound of Chicken Breast
- 2 glasses of milk
- Whole wheat bread with mayonnaise
- banana
- cottage cheese

Mid afternoon snack:
- Protein bar
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil

Dinner:
- Steamed broccoli
- Baked potato
- 1/2 pound grilled chicken breast
- 1/4 pound tuna
- Big salad
- Glass of milk
- Granny smith apple

Before bed snack:
- 2 scoops Casein protein with whole milk
- 3 Tbsp olive oil

Thanks for reading,
K-Dawg

No comments: