Thursday, March 3, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 11: Yoga X

Day 11
Today, I got into Yoga X after I came home from work. I threw Sigur Rios on again for the duration of the workout and I was cooler than the other side of the pillow. It was also starting to get dark when I began Yoga. I feel that doing Yoga is much more relaxing and enjoyable in the complete dark. Sometimes, I like to shut my eyes during the entire duration of Yoga. It just feels like everything stops and it allows me to focus on Yoga moves better. However, I still find it difficult to "shut off" my mind. If I'm able to completely stop my brain from thinking for a while, it's only a matter of time before I start thinking about not thinking. Weird, right?

I have heard of a trick of improving Yoga with focusing on physical aspects of your body during the workout. Basically, you focus solely on your breathing when working out and that's the only thing you think about. It's been said that you need to focus on something more exact in order to achieve this feat. For instance, you can focus on the air entering and exiting your lungs as you breathe. I can see how this can improve focus, but for me, I get distracted way too easily. If I can eventually achieve this type of meditation without getting distracted, it would be a huge boost to my Yoga routine. I mean, all I'm asking for is to be able to walk on water. Is that too much to ask for?!?!?

I was able to reach my fingertips down on the ground on most hamstring stretches today so I am gaining more length on my stretches. I guess it will continue to get better over time. I tried crane again today and was able to hold it for 11 continuous seconds before having to come out of the stretch. Yoga Belly 7 was another good burner today and my abs really felt it at the end.

I was able to fight off urges for cake today at a work luncheon. I only had a salad while everyone else was pigging out on pizza, Doritos and cake. However, I'm sure I had more meals than everyone else throughout the entire day, not that it matters. Here's how the meals went:

Meal 1:
- 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
- cup of oatmeal
- orange
- glass of almond milk

Meal 2:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- carrots
- granny smith apple
- 1 oz dry roasted peanuts

Meal 3:
- protein bar
- protein shake

Meal 4:
- multi-grain crackers
- big garden salad (no dressing)

Meal 5:
- peanut butter sandwich (whole wheat bread)
- banana

Meal 6:
- whole wheat pasta (cup)
- whole wheat chicken breast wrap

Meal 7:
- recovery drink
- protein bar

Meal 8:
- chicken breast
- scoop of unnatural whey and water
- chicken noodle soup (healthy heart approved)
- 1/4 cup of honey nut cherrios

Meal 9: (before bed)
- one scoop of casein protein
- cottage cheese

Thanks for reading,
K-Dawg

No comments: