Tuesday, March 8, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 16: Chest and Back & Ab Ripper X




Jumping back into Chest and Back after two days of rest was difficult. I felt a little tired during the workout and perhaps had less energy then usual today. I still managed to log 65 standard push-ups without stopping today on the first set. This was a little off of my goal of hitting 70 this week, but I aimed that one a little high for motivational purposes.

Pull-ups were pretty hard today because on the second round I thought that I would up the added weight from 25 to 45. I was only able to crank out about 8 or so on each type of pull-up, but I still feel that is pretty good because with my body weight and dumbbells I was doing eight pull-ups with about 205 pounds of total weight. Talk about some major back work there!

Ab Ripper X was tough, but I feel like I'll be breezing through it in a few weeks. I felt that I was able to conquer most of my struggles through the crunchy frog today, which has me stoked. I think my legs were the problem the entire time actually. Today my legs felt strong during Ab Ripper X and then I noticed they got pretty sore around the 20th rep.

The diet went very good again. Today, I decided to soft-boil four eggs instead of eating them raw or scrambled. This is actually a pretty healthy way to eat them and it doesn't taste bad at all. Here's how it went:

Meal 1:
- 4 soft boiled eggs
- cup of oatmeal
- kiwi
- glass of soy milk

Meal 2:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- carrots
- 1 oz dry roasted peanuts

Meal 3:
- protein bar
- protein shake

Meal 4
- peanut butter sandwich (whole wheat bread)
- turkey on whole wheat wrap
- apple

Meal 5:
- multi-gran crackers
- orange
- cottage cheese and pineapple
- solid white albacore tuna w/ light mayo
- honey nut cherrios

Meal 6:
- recovery drink
- protein bar
- 1/2 lb of turkey breast
- glass of low sodium V8

Meal 7: (before bed)
- two scoops of casein protein

Sorry for the short posts the last few days, but I had to play catch up due to the vacation, which I don't mind at all.

Thanks for reading,
K-Dawg

No comments: