Saturday, March 5, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 12: Legs and Back & Ab Ripper X


"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
-Wayne Gretzky
When I came home from work today, I had two books waiting for me that I received from the mail. One book is the "New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" by Arnold Schwarzenegger, which is massive by the way (over 800 pages of info and it only cause me $17 brand spankin' new). The other book I got is one called "Hockey Tough". There is a lot of data on how you can improve yourself mentally in the game of hockey in there. Can you guess what I plan on doing eventually? I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with ballerina dance moves. I have skimmed the books and it looks like there is a lot of useful ideas and advice in them both. Just to verify, I am planning to increase my size and contribute that to playing ice hockey. I'm going to give it a shot, I figure. It's a long project of mine really, but I know I have the dedication and motivation to stick to it. I'll be lighting lamps for the minor league Penguins in no time as I live practically 10 minutes away from their arena. Now, all I need to do is learn to skate...

Today was Legs and Back day, so that meant chin-ups and lunges galore. I felt like I had less energy than normal today, and I struggled throughout today's workout. Perhaps I have been wearing myself out this week from going incredibly past my previous threshold on Monday with the chin-ups. I just didn't have that kick in me today for some reason. Even during Ab Ripper X I struggled, although I still managed to hit 25 reps on every move today.

Tomorrow I am going on a little mini-vacation to North Carolina, which I am really looking forward to. I'll be in NC until next Monday. I am actually pumped to be going down for many reasons, truthfully. I will be taking a plane down tomorrow evening but don't worry you crazed fanatics, I will be doing Kenpo X tomorrow morning. I will also weigh myself in for this week during the morning tomorrow instead of Sunday because of the vacation. This is my first plane ride I will be taking so that should be interesting. I think it's also going to be pretty interesting to see how my nutrition and diet goes for this weekend. I am going to try my best to keep it clean. I may have to make some modifications here and there, but I came up with a pretty fail safe plan of eating canned tuna (4-5 cans a day) and raw eggs for protein (yes that's right, I'm Rocky Balboa for this weekend), oatmeal for carbs, apples for fruit, olive oil or peanuts for fat, cottage cheese for diary and V8 for veggies. I could easily get over 200 grams of protein and 4000 calories with this diet plan. Speaking of which here's the diet for today:

Meal 1:
- 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
- cup of oatmeal
- kiwi
- big glass of almond milk

Meal 2:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- carrots
- banana
- 1 oz dry roasted peanuts

Meal 3:
- protein bar
- protein shake

Meal 4
- peanut butter sandwich (whole wheat bread)
- chicken noodle soup (healthy heart approved)
- honey nut cherrios

Meal 5:
- multi-gran crackers
- orange
- chicken breast wrap
- blueberry organic yogurt

Meal 6:
- recovery drink
- protein bar
- can of solid white albacore

Meal 7:
- whole wheat chicken breast wrap
- glass of low sodium V8

Meal 8: (before bed)
- one scoop of casein protein
- cottage cheese

Thanks for reading,
K-Dawg

No comments: