Saturday, March 26, 2011

P90X Round 2 Day 33: Legs and Back & Ab Ripper X


Legs and Back is a fantastic workout and I switched things up a little bit for it. I decided to do all of my chin-ups throughout the first round with no weights. Then, on the second round of Legs and Back, I did the chin-ups with my usual weight of 25 pounds attached on a dip belt. I thought this would make things a little easier for me, but I was wrong. I definitely felt the change from doing chin-ups with no weight to doing them with weight. I struggled and wore out for the second round. I had to pause the video a couple of times actually so I could catch my breath. As always with this workout, the sweat was pouring off of me like a waterfall. I noticed today that I when I did chin-ups with no weight I hit in the 20's a few times. I really felt like I got a full range of depth on my chin-ups today though.

Ab Ripper X went better than the last time I did it. I was still ripping up the abs and had energy to last the entire workout and hit all the reps again. I hit my second wind! It also helped that I had music playing the entire time. Today, my playlist of choice was titled "Fo' Sho" Obviously, this is a hardcore 'gansta' playlist. Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye West, LL Cool J and Notorious B.I.G. were some featured artists of today's workout. "Run Rabbit Run" is a great underrated Eminem song especially for pumping some iron.

Cheers,
K-Dawg

P.S. I love it when you call me Big Poppa!

No comments: